Exam toppers recommend solving Mock Tests as an essential part of any exam preparation. A week prior to the date of examination, candidates should revise thoroughly and take as many mock tests as possible. They should know that solving test series ahead of the exams can help align their preparation.
Mock Test is one of the most useful ways of preparing for the examinations. It helps candidates apprehend their performance and also understand the type of questions asked in the exam. Mock tests are a valuable tool to understand what is missing in your preparation, and to realise the changes you need to make in the way you handle yourself during the real exam to get an optimum score.
In this article we are highlighting a few points as to why aspirants of the most sought-after exam SSC CGL, must take SSC CGL Mock Test for a thorough preparation.
Reasons to Take Mock Tests for SSC CGL Preparation
To crack SSC CGL, it is not enough to just gather knowledge. You need to be aware of the exam pattern and know how to use that knowledge. Mock Tests go a long way in helping you acquire the skills of mark-fetching. You can acquire this skill with a quality test series. Let us understand why it is absolutely necessary to practice mock tests routinely.
- For faster learning- According to some research, most people perform their best when under pressure. Thus, mock tests help you learn faster and absorb the concepts better.
- Mock Test keep your nerves calm- We all have come across aspirants who are incredibly talented and knowledgeable but have still failed to crack the CGL exam. The answer lies mostly in their lack of practice. Being tested in an exam-like environment gives an accurate picture of how it is going to be on the D-day. Apart from that, mock tests also help you understand the dynamics of negative marking, present in the exam, so you understand ‘what to pick’ and ‘what to skip’. Finally, practice plays a very important role in success as the human mind learns best through repetition.
- To familiarise yourself with the Exam Pattern – Taking quality mock tests will help you know the CGL better. You will have a better understanding of the exam pattern. You will also get to know where you stand in terms of your competition as many of these test series are taken by many students, and you can get your ranking among them.
- To boost your confidence – Scoring well in a mock test gives you a sense of achievement which will boost your confidence level. Your concepts will be clearer and you will have more faith in yourself.
- To score more in the exam – regularly taking a mock test gives you adequate practice of handling unexpected questions thrown at you in the exam. They help you assess your strengths and weaknesses and steer your CGL preparation in the right direction. Mock Tests help you enhance your time management skills and pressure-handling ability. You can also increase your writing speed if you get adequate answer writing practice. This will help you answer faster and better in the exam.
All things being said, we would like to advise candidates to not take the results of mock tests to be an absolute indicator of how you might perform in the real exam. These are only ‘mock’ tests. Do not get discouraged by a low score in your mock tests rather use them as a catapult to score high and to the best of your abilities in the real deal.
Since the Staff Selection commission has postponed the SSC CGL Tier I examination due to a surge in COVID-19 cases across the country aspirants of the exam have got extra time to give an edge to their preparation, so the best thing they can do is solve free online mock tests on a regular basis t fine tune their performance in the final face-off.
Candidates preparing for any other Government exams like RRB, IBPS, NDA, SBI, etc. must check the given link for further information regarding the same.